Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Plant Your Seeds

Wild Vines
Watercolor and Pencil, 22 x 30

Your Germinal Dream

31,800 years ago, an arctic ground squirrel buried the fruit of a little flower in his Siberian burrow. Russian scientists recently grew plants from seeds of that very same fruit.

Dreams and bright ideas of youth can lie buried for years. Life is demanding. We're easily distracted. There are only so many hours in a day.

Connect to the source of all life. Tend your neglected inner seeds of dreams. Get the flow going with water, encouragement, sunlight.

It's never too late and Spring is a good time of year to get going!
"And so our mothers and grandmothers have, more often than not anonymously, handed on the creative spark, the seed of the flower they themselves never hoped to see - or like a sealed letter they could not plainly read." —Alice Walker
Think in terms of one quarter of a year

Confucius said that if you think in terms of a year, plant a seed.

I teach half day workshops in drawing and watercolor, jam packed with exercises and information but they're just a taste.

The first part of my Online Drawing and Watercolor Course runs for 12 weeks. In one quarter of a year we build you a basic foundation. This is your soil If you've ever grown a garden you know how important the soil is. With really good soil, you'll have healthy, happy plants.

Here's the full Confucius quote:
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people." —Confucius
Preparing the soil

This is the first year in memory that I have not had a place for a flower garden. I'm going to miss it this year but with each student I help connect to drawing and watercolor I know that I'm helping to plant and nurture another sort of flower that will come to bloom with a little cultivation and commitment.

You do have to make a commitment to yourself that you are going to learn something new. Drawing and watercolor are challenging and require time, practice, encouragement and guidance. But the rewards are worth it and about so much more than making a pretty picture.

The biggest surprise for my students is when they begin to understand just that. That my courses are about cultivating their soul garden and about experiencing themselves and their world on an entirely new level.

I'll be sending out a special private offer for my next Online Drawing and Watercolor Course.

Contact me to put your name on the list for that private offer and I'll make sure that you're included!

Click here to read the full story about the 32,000 year old seed. ________________________________________
Join my Tribe for inspiration
  • Drawing Lesson
  • Song Download ("Great Day")
  • and my Weekly eZine Stroke and Flow
   

No comments: