Thursday, June 2, 2011

Babalu


Somebody help me!

The longer I hold him, the harder it will be to let go.

Look, it's National Adopt a Cat Month. I have no more room at the inn, as it were. This little creature was lucky enough to make it in the door at a few weeks old because some friend of a neighbor insisted that she wanted to adopt one of the feral kittens from the litter of nine that crawled out from under the porch across the street. The friend of the neighbor backed out but only after the kitten had been litter trained, was eating regular food and all loved up by human hands. Can't toss him back out!

If you're reading this, you're probably too far away to come get him so I would like yo to set an intention for Babalu's new person to show up pronto and take him into his new set of loving human hands. Babalu is a very good natured boy, is growing by leaps and bounds and deserves the best. If he wasn't super extra special, he wouldn't be here!

I was not planning on naming the kitten but there he was, bounding around, and I couldn't help but think of Babalu!



Considering the size of young Babalu...



















I'm adding this video for good measure.



I cannot quite decide if it's funny or pathetic that I suspended this blog some time back with a photo of myself holding a cat. Okay, not just any cat... Talullah.

The two kitty photos makes good editorial bookends but I want my studio back! Well... I want a good home for the kitten, too.

As the kitten is bounding around, I've just sent out the first issue of my new Weekly eZine Stroke and Flow. If you'd like to receive a new issue every week in your email box, look up to your right, fill in your name and email and woila! You're in.

Now to get on with the final preparations for my new online course in Basic Drawing and Watercolor. Interested? Click here to find out more.











PS I just came across this photo of Matisse and have decided that cats in the frame are simply an occupational hazard.







____________________________________________
Enjoy this post? Please subscribe right now!

Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by Email! Add to iGoogle

| More

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hey, I love the blog, and the art. That kitten is adorable! I really love his expressions.

Please take the time to follow my blog at http://breakingwind.blogspot.com/, and please donate a dollar to support wind energy if you possibly can. Thanks!