Saturday, May 28, 2011

I'm new here again



So, I've tried this and that over the past sixteen months and I've missed posting to this blog. I'm resurrecting this site. I need this outlet. Facebook is too superficial and fly-by-night and commercial for my tastes.

I want to take the blog at my home site in a more specific direction. If I have time, I'll move appropriate stuff over from that site to this from postings over the past year. Maybe.

Gil Scott-Heron passed away yesterday. I saw him perform in Sarasota, Florida in the mid-to late-80s in a high school auditorium. Can't remember much except that I was glad I had the opportunity to sit up close and listen and watch.

This post is in honor of his passing and his art but the song and performance are also deeply relevant to my life and my immediate situation. It's a beautiful presentation all the way around. Beautiful, simple, meaningful and inspirational. The song and performance are relevant to this blog, too. Every day is a new day. A new place to begin again.

As my own song Great Day (after which this blog is named) says "Another chance to get it right."

As I write this, I find that I'm excited about a place to share photos and music and writing and influence and... well, we'll see!

Welcome back. I'm glad to be here again.
____________________________________________

Enjoy this post? Subscribe now!

Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by Email! Add to iGoogle
| More

Learn about my Online Drawing and Watercolor Course.
Next course starts January 12.

Join my Tribe and receive a FREE package of inspiration
  • Free Drawing Lesson eBook
  • Free Song Download (my well-loved Great Day)
  • and my Weekly eZine Stroke and Flow



Learn about my Online Drawing and Watercolor Course.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Hi, welcome back! I found your blog by accident, I clicked the "Next Blog" on the header and was here. I usually get a teenager's blog from Brazil, or a "new baby" one from Eastern Europe, seldom a fellow artist's.
I agree with your comments on Facebook, I do it because I succumbed to pressure, alas. I look forward to seeing your work.

karlotta said...

glad you back - found this blog after you've taken a break from it.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Hi Dianne and Karlotta! Great to hear from you and thanks for leaving a comment. Glad to know I wasn't the only one to succumb to peer/marketing pressure, Dianne. Although I must say that I've been happily reconnected with certain crowds from my past chapters.

You know... I've been posting all along at my main blog suzannemcdermott.com
That's where you can find my artwork and music. This is my alternate blog for everything that doesn't suit my main site!

Will come to visit your sites shortly. Cheers!