Friday, January 15, 2010

A New Leaf



Miss Tallulah and Suzanne
January 2010


This blog describes a bit of my studio work and life in Nashville, many influences on my thinking, creative work and outlook on life, essays on the history of landscape painting, life on earth, music and other topics, and a few of my favorite things along with the felines, feathered friends and goings on in the garden.

As I mentioned in the first post of 2010, part of my new year's challenge is to properly manage my time. With only so many hours in a day, I am reorganizing my responsibilities and clearing the decks of flotsam and jetsam.

Not that this blog is either flotsam or jetsam but I am bringing the postings here to a close with this farewell but not goodbye. If I'm going to do something at all, I want to do it well and my multi-blog format has lost steam over the past year as I've turned to building a new project.

I thought of composing a final "best of" post but rather, I suggest browsing around at random to see what strikes your fancy. Glance to your right for internal links to categories.

Don't go away!

I am redesigning my main website which will include a new blog with a place for new paintings, photos, drawings and whatnot. Maybe new music, who knows? The new site and blog will be integrated and all inclusive. When my new website is up and running, I'll make an announcement here. So please hang out by email or RSS. I will definitely make an announcement to my mailing list so — Join my mailing list in the upper right corner to receive occasional news.

Browse through Landscape into Art and buy one of my watercolor paintings as a souvenir of the project. It will help to pay for the time and effort I've put into this ad-free blog (though it has been a labor of love.)

You can also toss some money into the Wikipedia kitty to help keep that tremendous resource ad-free. I've relied on Wikipedia links extensively throughout this blog.

In the meanwhile, my daily drawing practice continues to unfold at Studies and Sketches. It's just for fun and discipline but I am posting something every day.

Don't hesitate to leave a comment or get in touch by email.

This is just a transition phase while my presentation is under construction!

XO

3 comments:

Leena said...

Warm greetings from Finland and especially from me!
I have been looking your posts through my Google reader and now I wait for your new sites.
I wish all the best for you, Suzanne!

karlotta said...

It would be desirable to tell - at you here, in a blog very cosy. Thanks for this sensation.

Jill said...

Have loved your blog oh these many months. You've given me music, books, thoughts and wonderful photos - and note: I've not even mentioned the paintings. Take a wonderful restful break but get back to all of us, your fans, before long! Happy 2010 and thank you again for taking the time to talk to us, your fans.