Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Surf's Up!



Surf's Up! at Waimea Bay and so is the rare Big Wave invitational, the Eddie. I can't take my eyes off the live webcam so my work day is shot to hell. But what a way to go!!!!

Here's the quote of the day from a surfer who's name I missed but will fill in as soon as I catch it.

"Fear is an emotion. If you let your emotions control you, you shouldn't be out there."

Like almost every aspect of, and quote about surfing, this can be nicely applied to many life situations.

Learn more about Eddie Aikau and the Eddie at the main website.

Listen to my song Surfer Boy at myspace. You can download your own copy at iTunes.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Dearest Suzanne, you have a Joni Mitchell voice. I'm listening to your Surfer Boy Track in the background as I surf :)
Nice analogy, ya think?

I remember you having a problem with my feed and you aren't the only one. I think I may have to set up a new subscriber box, but as yet, don't know which one to use. I wanted to use Google Groups but My friend just lost 115 subscribers into Google hinterlands and cannot get any help from Google. So, we'll see.

Great guitar work here. I must pass your link to my dear friend and fellow musician, Suzie Dolan, a music teacher at Plymouth (MA) Elementary.