Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Favorite Spy



Jeffrey Donovan with pup

I spent a rainy birthday morning in bed with my favorite spy, Michael Westen.

I've been working too hard for too long so decided to kick back today and let myself flow with the feel of the day. I do not have a television anymore but thanks to Project Free TV and Hulu, this does not prevent me from watching some awesome shows. Matt Nix is a brilliant writer who put together an awesome ensemble cast with just my kind of superhero — Jeffrey Donovan as Michael Westen. When I really get into a show, I become obsessed and have to watch from the pilot forward.

The only thing on my calendar was "SWIM", so after catching up to the present episode of Burn Notice, I drove down the street and swam a mile at the community pool. This made me so happy, I really had to wonder why I am not in the pool every day that it's open. (I've been working too hard.) I ate a pizza, did some laundry, took a nap, made a watercolor, read the last half of Carrie Fisher's Wishful Drinking and am writing two blog posts.

A perfect day. Thanks to all my friends for remembering my birthday and for sending me various happy notes to open throughout the day. Thanks very much to the private donor who generously provided funds for the rather large national undertaking I've embarked upon. A good birthday present, indeed.

1 comment:

dayana said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://sketchingdrawing.com