Thursday, June 25, 2009

In Bloom



Since returning from California, I have been utterly consumed by my house and garden... along with a new part-time job and continued work on a long term project. All of my creativity seems to be going into the garden and my project plans. I am obsessed with the flower beds, digging up the ubiquitous pokeberry, trimming the shrubs, weeding, watering, mowing the lawn, digging, transplanting.... Yikes.

On the evening I returned, after tackling cat hair and laundry, I borrowed my neighbor's mower and conquered the lawn. This shows not only my lawn at dusk after that mow but also my general fatigue and state of mind.



I was tired of what was looking like slop to me with the bleeding ink and fumbling waterbrush. So, I switched to Pitt Pens for the Sweet Bay Magnolia blossom at top, the opening snow queen hydrangea



and the mint pots by the drainpipe.



I'm thrilled that I've managed this post. More later. Promise...

4 comments:

Pat said...

Beautiful drawings, take it easy and enjoy your garden.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thanks, Pat! I'm working on doing just that!

laura said...

I'm amazed you had ANY energy--physical or mental--left to od these lovely drawings; the lines are so full of life. And I really love the leaves in the magnolia drawing.

Gerald said...

Wonderful series of plant sketches