Monday, December 1, 2008

Redbreast



The robins gradually go their way in the fall until one day I can't remember having seen any in a while. Last Wednesday, I spotted a few in my yard and at Cheekwood. One of the magical aspects of photography is capturing an image you were not aware of while taking the photo. Here, the shadow of the tree branch mimics the pattern of feathers on the redbreast. The shadow could be a cloak clasp securing the robin's wings. A detail I could not possibly have seen from the distance where I stood.

____________________________________________
Enjoy this post?
Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by Email! Add to iGoogle

| More

Join my Tribe and receive a 
  • Free Drawing Lesson
  • Free Song Download (my well-loved Great Day)
  • and my Weekly eZine Stroke and Flow

Email  

Learn about my Online Drawing and Watercolor Course.

Visit me at suzannemcdermott.com

No comments: