Friday, October 10, 2008

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg



It's about time to revive Video Friday. For this weekend, I am posting two scenes from one of the most brilliant films ever created, The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (Les Parapluies de Cherbourg). With a team of Jacques Demy, Michel Legrand, Catherine Deneuve and Nino Castelnuovo, how could it be anything less?

Jacques Demy painted the walls in Cherbourg all sorts of magnificent colors before he began filming. Aside from writing the sung dialogue throughout, he also wrote the French lyrics for the pop songs that were extracted from the film, I Will Wait for You and Watch What Happens.

The film is perfect from A to Z. From the opening credits above (I love well designed credit sequences) to the bittersweet ending. Buy or rent this film, it's a completely unique experience.



See my paintings at Landscape into Art.

My songs and CDs

No comments: