Monday, August 4, 2008

Walden Pond



Walden Pond from Thoreau's Cove
1908 Photograph
Library of Congress


I'm very happy to announce that my prints and note cards of Walden Pond are now featured at The Shop at Walden Pond. Sales benefit The Thoreau Society and if you visit Walden Pond, you'll see them just as you enter the shop.

Do visit if you're in the Boston area and have the chance. Walden Pond is one of my most favorite spots on earth and the pond is by far my most favorite place to swim. The water is always clean, clear and refreshing. The air is always fragrant with pine. Walden Pond was formed over ten thousand years ago by a block of melting ice that left a glacial kettle. Read more about the origin of Walden Pond.

To learn about Henry David Thoreau, visit The Thoreau Society and be sure to read (or re-read) Walden.



Walden Pond from Thoreau's Cove
6 x 4" watercolor, 1999
Suzanne McDermott


I'll be posting the originals of these paintings beginning on Sunday, September 7th at The Grand Tour blog.

Meanwhile, come view my current paintings at Landscape into Art.

1 comment:

LeenaM said...

Interesting and certainly most pleasant place.
And your works of it are so fine.
Thank you so much for your visits my blogs and commenting always so nicely.
I have had very busy summer and it is not yet over.
Weathers have been rather bad during this summer, but perhaps we can get a better autumn :)

I wish you all the best, Suzanne!