Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer Is Icumen In



The first Conflower opens. Meanwhile, the gardens I slaved over last year are taking care of themselves, more or less, this year. I spent so much time on the house and garden over the past almost three years and am so occupied with other tasks this spring that I've had to leave the garden to its own devices. It's great fun to see what's survived the winter and transplanting (most everything) and how tall and strong the perennials look.

The spring blooms have come (2 weeks ago below) and gone...



...now the summer flowers are starting to show. Louis Judkins brought half a dozen or so clumps of mystery lilies that he planted for me along the path and fence and corner of the studio. The buds are up and I'm looking forward to seeing what opens.

No comments: