Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Grown together



My friend's son was hired to clear this 220 acre property of old farm equipment. This was the only piece left. The tree had grown around it.

This brings to an end my country abandonment series. I'd like to add, though, that at dusk I found a deer tick crawling up my neck. When I completely stripped in the first bathroom I could get to, I found five more. The next morning, I spotted one who'd made himself comfy on my thigh. Naturally, it was a Sunday but I took myself to the emergency room for some prophylactic antibiotics within the first 24-hour period to ward off any potential tick-born disease. I have a friend with Lyme's Disease and had just been speaking with her before my outing. That's one thing I want to avoid for sure. Ah.... country life!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

glad you got rid of the ticks, they are creepy when you find them on you!
thanks for all the great photos of the farmlands. very nice.