Monday, April 14, 2008

Signs of Spring



The earth is coming alive again and I'll say hello after my break with a little music from one of my most favorite composers of all time, Henry Purcell and my most favorite recording ever of my most favorite piece of his — The Fairy Queen. This song is from a concert version realized and edited by Benjamin Britten and Imogen Holst.

Mary Wells sings the part of Spring in this recording of The Fairy Queenwith the Aldeburgh Festival Strings.   

While you listen, you can look at some signs of spring over the past few weeks from my part of the world.

Some budding trees by Radnor Lake.



A bank of Freesia on the Cheekwood grounds.



And a stream of daffodils running down to the Iain Hamilton Finlay piece in the Carell Woodland Sculpture Trail where I mingled with My Deer Friends earlier in the year.



From a Sunday morning walk on the ridge above Radnor Lake



and some wild flowers along the way.




____________________________________________
Enjoy this post?
Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by Email! Add to iGoogle

| More

Join my Tribe and receive a 
  • Free Drawing Lesson
  • Free Song Download (my well-loved Great Day)
  • and my Weekly eZine Stroke and Flow

Email  

Learn about my Online Drawing and Watercolor Course.

Visit me at suzannemcdermott.com

No comments: