Monday, April 21, 2008

One of a hundred



After just having read that Robins feed their young approximately one hundred meals a day, I caught these through the window with their worm. It appears that all four eggs have now hatched although it's hard to tell for sure.



I can't seem to get a sharp image of the chicks with my awkward access to the nest and don't want this to turn into the Robin network, so I've found some links to share if you're interested.

A 2005 day by day coverage of a robin's nest more easily viewed.

And some good information on the American Robin can be found at Kidzone and All About Birds.

Lots of work and some drama lie ahead but for now, we seem to be blissful.



Naturally, I won't be able to help but give you some updates as the chicks develop but promise to broaden my scope at least a bit.



____________________________________________

| More

Join my Tribe and receive a FREE package of inspiration
  • Free Drawing Lesson eBook
  • Free Song Download 
  • and my Weekly eZine Stroke and Flow

No comments: