Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Nest



It's been a busy couple of weeks on my front porch. I was thrilled to recognize a very distinctive Robin from last year. You'll meet him shortly. One morning, a couple of weeks ago, I came out to find the beginnings of a nest on the top of one of the columns on my front porch in the very same spot a couple of Robins nested last year. You can see all the pieces that blew or fell off. A detail of this beginning shows some of the foundation work.



By early afternoon, the next was complete, still fresh and beautiful.



All ready to move in.



See paintings and drawings at my other blogs.

1 comment:

LeenaM said...

How skillful art piece that nest is! Perfect.
Thank you for finding my DPblog again :)
We will leave next week
Joensuu for one week journey to The Black Sea`s cruise. We will go at first to Istanbul and after that Jalta and so on. Now I have to find suitable clothes, because the weather can be very diverse, but this is nice .

I wish you happy days!