Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mom and Dad



Here is mother Robin on the Weeping Higan Cherry Tree out front, waiting warily while I photograph her eggs. I have to spy on her through my front window because I scare her off if I open my front door to walk onto the porch.



But she doesn't mind as much if I walk up the drive and photograph her from the side.



Even for close-ups.



While Mom is out hunting for earthworms, Dad is a very good guard and becomes terribly upset and vocal if I go anywhere near the nest (or the front porch, for that matter). He must have been a punk-rocker in his early days. You can't see it so much from this photo of him on the wire but he looks like he sported a Mohawk for so long that it altered his do forever. I'll take a better shot of his "hair" at some point.



See paintings and drawings at my other blogs.

2 comments:

LeenaM said...

How wonderful series about this happy couple!You have to wait now few weeks more before you can get photos from nestlings :)

Small City Scenes said...

What a nice blog you have. How did I miss it/ I shall be returning. thanks for visiting mine. MB