Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Free Drawing



Werner Pfarr is an artist friend who lives in Nice, France and makes great little drawings that he publishes on Awaiting a Drawing.

What I love about Werner's work is his projects. One project is his Free Drawings. Werner offers a free drawing and sends it to the first person who requests it asking only that they make a photograph of the drawing in their home (or wherever) and email the photo back to him. Werner then makes a drawing of that photograph which he offers as the next free drawing.  Above I have posted my photograph of his Free drawing #16. If you follow his posts, you'll eventually see his drawing of my photograph.

Werner's coolest project is Audible Drawings. It's right up my alley (if you remember my John Cage post from the first of the year), beautifully executed and a brilliant idea. Check it out!

See my paintings at Landscape into Art.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

very impressive, what a great idea!

Mineke Reinders said...

This is great! I just looked at, and subscribed to, Werner's blog. Can't wait to see his drawing of your photo of his drawing of...

Werner said...

Thanks a lot Suzanne for this nice post!
And thank you Dawn and Mineke for your comments!
It may take a while until you see a drawing of Suzanne's photo though... :)

Cathy Gatland said...

Suzanne, thanks for the pointer to Werner's blog - wonderful drawings and thinking - then I saw the link back to your review here, so I've come full circle!