Monday, January 21, 2008

Indra's Net



This photo reminds me of Indra's Net of Jewels which reminds me of my friendly fellow artist bloggers who I thank today on Landscape into Art for making the first three months of my painting blog career such fun. As a little party favor to everyone for my 3 month anniversary, here's a silly but good artist joke courtesy of my brother!
"I saw an interesting item about a painting theft at the Louvre in Paris. A thief somehow got past security with some paintings and made it to his van. Would you believe he got caught two blocks away after his van ran out of gas?

When they interviewed him, they asked how he could have masterminded such a crime and then make such a stupid error. He said, "Monsieur, it is the reason I stole the paintings! You see, I had no Monet, and couldn't buy Degas to make the van Gogh."

If you have de Gaulle to send this on to someone else, do so! I sent it to you because I figured I had nothing Toulouse."
And for Sarah, Leena, Trijnie, Laura, Rhonda, Sandy, Don, Mineke and Werner, here's a little seal of thanks that Leena awarded me earlier this month.



(Yes, Trijnie, here it is again!) You can decorate a corner of your blog with this or pass it along or do absolutely nothing at all with it. I appreciated receiving this and it's the thought that counts! I'll have to think of a good party favor for my first year anniversary but, meanwhile...

I'll soon be posting my 100th painting. It's good to mark these milestones.

From one jewel to another....


____________________________________________

Enjoy this post? Subscribe now!

Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by Email! Add to iGoogle
| More

Join my Tribe and receive a FREE package of inspiration
  • Free Drawing Lesson eBook
  • Free Song Download (my well-loved Great Day)
  • and my Weekly eZine Stroke and Flow


Learn about my Online Drawing and Watercolor Course.

4 comments:

womann in glass said...

Hi Suzanne, sometimes I am so short in time. There is so much beauty to see. You show beautiful things here. You are not only a great painter and singer, also a great photographer.
The award is already on my blog, I received it from Leena and Susu and now from you thanks.
Have a great day.
Have to visit more blog now and my linen is waiting for me...

RHCarpenter said...

Thank you so much, Suzanne! We art bloggers are tied together, aren't we?

Mineke Reinders said...

Thanks, Suzanne, you just made my day! I'll have to paste the award on my blog later, as I'll be without my computer the rest of the day :(
Happy Anniversary, and thanks for all your support!

Don Gray said...

Suzanne, thank you for the acknowledgement but I'm the real beneficiary. Your multiple talents and interests as expressed through your blog enrich my life.