Monday, November 12, 2007

Dandridge





















I like to stop in Dandridge, TN on the way to or from work stints in Asheville. Part of the city sits below sea level, including the historic district where you have to look way up to the level of the Douglas Dam.

In honor of Veterans Day, this photo is of the Revolutionary War Cemetery in the middle of the historic district just behind the old Tinsley Bible Drug Company on Gay Street. I always stop in there to remember what pharmacies used to look like and to see if there are any irresistible knick-knacks in the window (all of which seem to be priced at $11.00).

1 comment:

Jennilu said...

Suzanne, Dandridge is my hometown and I absolutely love going back. I did a blog post about it, also.

http://mycrazylittlemixedupworld.blogspot.com/2008/01/grits-and-damn-proud-of-it.html

Jennilu